Beads of Courage, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization transforming the treatment process for children and teens coping with serious illness through innovative Arts-in-Medicine programs. DONATE TODAY.

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Courage Tiger's Road Trip Day 1: Beads of Courage Headquarters

Courage Tiger here checking in on my first day of my exciting adventure, and I am here at the Beads of Courage headquarters in Tucson, Arizona! There is so much that happens here. Headquarters is always filled with passionate and friendly volunteers who help package all sorts of different beads that go out to our members around the world. I even stopped to help package a few.



Did you know that Beads of Courage distributes over 100 million beads every year? Wow! And they all come from this very building. We could not do it without the support of our amazing volunteers in Tucson, and around the world. They help us to support over 250 hospitals, and over 60,000 children and teens coping with serious illness. Once I finished, I got my own Carry a Bead for my upcoming adventures. I'm so excited to start my road trip! Check back tomorrow for updates on my travels across the United States!

Courage Tiger’s 2017 Road Trip is a feature of the 9th Annual Bead Challenge, a three-month nationwide fundraiser and beadraiser for Beads of Courage. As the official Beads of Courage mascot, Courage Tiger is visiting all 50 states to highlight the incredible work our organization does by sharing stories of our courageous members, families, clinicians, and the caring community of artists and supporters who make our vital work possible. Please get involved in Bead Challenge 2017 by visiting www.beadchallenge.org today. Sign up to PARTICIPATE as a fundraiser, CREATE glass beads, or DONATE to the cause. With your help, we can Make Courage Roar for kids coping with serious illness! Many thanks to Bead Challenge 2017 presenting sponsor Northwestern Mutual and supporting sponsor Soda Lime Times.

- Contributed by Cristal Rogers, Marketing and Communications Intern, Beads of Courage

No comments:

Post a Comment